Color & Light - A Mini Workshop with Sophia of Three Plus Photography
Haleiwa, North Shore of O'ahu.
April 18, 2016
5:00PM - 9:30PM
Oh my goodness! I am so excited to announce my first ever workshop! This will be a very simple mini workshop (meaning it will only last a few hours) where I will share a few things about shooting and some basic editing.
I chose a Monday just so we can avoid the weekend crowds that are so common on the North Shore!
Here are the details:
• Part 1: SHOOTING (5:00-7:00PM)
The shooting part of the workshop will happen at golden hour until sunset. We will have a model family and will shoot in Haleiwa on the North Shore of O'ahu.
We will go over shooting with natural and available light. We will also go over backlighting, how to nail focus, and how to maintain sky detail while keeping our subject properly exposed.
• Part 2: EDITING & Q&A (7:30-9:30PM)
The editing portion of the workshop will happen right after our shooting portion. We will gather at Haleiwa Joe's in Haleiwa for some pupu's and to go over our images and my basic workflow in ACR and Photoshop in order to prep images for your creative processing: adjusting white balance, enhancing colors, giving depth to washed out images, etc.
We will also have some time to go over a small portfolio of your work for review and to discuss any major concerns regarding lighting techniques.
There will only be 5 spots available. This is my first time doing this, and honestly, I will have to figure some things out as I go, so I want to keep the group small.
Included with the workshop:
- A shooting session with a model family
- An editing session to go over basic workflow in ACR and Photoshop + talk about consistency
- Pupu's at Haleiwa Joe's (in Haleiwa)
- A printed handbook with shooting and editing tips
- Q&A time and portfolio review
- A DSLR camera
- Knowledge on how to shoot in manual
- Shooting RAW images
- A laptop with Adobe Photoshop + ACR
- Suggested: dry clothes and beach towel if you end up in the water and wish to change before going to Haleiwa Joe's.
Please email me at email@example.com and I will send an invoice via PayPal for payment.
*Full payment is needed to reserve your spot. Only 5 spots available.